- Nobody can give Jnana, Guru can only remove Ignorance
- What is our true nature cannot be renounced
- The qualities like peace, love, bliss and Sat-Chit-Anand cannot be renounced as it is our nature
- Tyaga of vasanas (desires) can calm down mind. Vairagya is the absence of desires (in mind). Absence of desires brings deep peace and bliss. It is long lasting and there is less of mental agitation.
- Upvasa (fasting) is also an ananda (Happiness / Bliss). When one is so engaged in the worship of God / Meditation, then one gets absorbed in peace and bliss. Unaware of time one stays in this state for as long as possible skipping lunch or dinner. Fasting in this way turns up into ananda.
- True surrender is to accept the prarabdha with a smiling face. True surrender is not to interfere with Gods divine plan.
Extracted from a discourse on Vivek Chudamani (choodamani) by Swami Tadrupanand ji