Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I become entangled and blend with the clatter in my mind. What should I do ?

condt.

Question:  In spite of knowing this, I become entangled and blend with the clatter in my mind.  What should I do?

Swami Ramsukhdasji:  You say that in spite of not wanting you somehow get entangled and blend with the clatter. In favourable situations and unfavourable situations you become suddenly one with them, then there is a solution for that as well. On blending with them, you still have the knowledge that you have blended with them, but you are actually separate, and the favourable / unfavourable are separate. Isn't it the truth? Noise and clatter arise, then they subside; they come and they go away; but you remain. Then you and the noise are two or one?

- Swami Ramsukhdasji

 

No comments:

Featured Post

Introduction of Madhusūdana Sarasvatī’s Gūḍārtha Dīpikā, a unique commentary on Bhagavad Gītā

Update: 01/08/2016. Verses 8 a nd 9 are corrected. 'Thou' is correctly translated to 'tvam' and 't hat...