Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oh God, Teach Me to Worship Thee

Beloved Father, teach me the mystery of my existence! Teach me to worship Thee in breathlessness, in deathlessness. In the fire of devotion, consume my ignorance. In the stillness of my soul, come, Father, come! Possess me and make me feel, in and around me, Thine immortal presence.

In the solitude of my mind I yearn to hear Thy voice. Take away the dreams of earthly sounds that yet lurk in my memory. I want to hear Thy Quiet voice ever singing in the silence of my soul.

My Lord, as Thou art omnipresent, Thou canst not be but present in me. Thou hast omnipotence and omniscience; these also are my soul attributes, May I be able to unfold even a fragment of That contained in my Self.

Source: Page 24, Metaphysical Meditations by Paramhansa Yogananda

No comments:

Featured Post

Introduction of Madhusūdana Sarasvatī’s Gūḍārtha Dīpikā, a unique commentary on Bhagavad Gītā

Update: 01/08/2016. Verses 8 a nd 9 are corrected. 'Thou' is correctly translated to 'tvam' and 't hat...