Thursday, June 26, 2008

Advaita Vedanta Basics - Atman - Aparokshanubhuti

22. The luminosity of Atman consists in the manifestation of all objects. Its luminosity is not like that of fire or any such thing, for (in spite of the presence of such lights) darkness prevails at night (at some place or other).

23. How strange is it that a person ignorantly rests contented with the idea that he is the body, while he knows it as something belonging to him (and therefore apart from him) even as a person who sees a pot (knows it as apart from him) !

24. I am verily Brahman, being equanimous, quiescent, and by nature absolute Existence, Knowledge, and Bliss. I am not the body which is non-existence itself. This is called true Knowledge by the wise.

25. I am without any change, without any form, free from all blemish and decay. I am not, etc.,

26. I am not subjected to any disease, I am beyond all comprehension, free from all alternatives and all-pervading. I am not, etc.,

27. I am without any attribute or activity, I am eternal, ever free, and imperishable. I am not, etc.,

28. I am free from all impurity, I am immovable, unlimited, holy, undecaying, and immortal. I am not, etc.,


Source: Aparokshanubhuti

No comments:

Featured Post

Introduction of Madhusūdana Sarasvatī’s Gūḍārtha Dīpikā, a unique commentary on Bhagavad Gītā

Update: 01/08/2016. Verses 8 a nd 9 are corrected. 'Thou' is correctly translated to 'tvam' and 't hat...