17. Atman is verily one and without parts, whereas the body consists of many parts; and yet the people see (confound) these two as one ! What else can be called ignorance but this ?
18. Atman is the ruler of the body and is internal, the body is the ruled and is external; and yet, etc.,
19. Atman is all consciousness and holy, the body is all flesh and impure; and yet, etc.,
20. Atman is the (supreme) Illuminator and purity itself; the body is said to be of the nature of darkness; and yet, etc.,
21. Atman is eternal, since it is Existence itself; the body is transient, as it is non-existence in essence; and yet etc.
Source: Aparokshanubhuti, By Adi Sankaracharya, Translated by Swami Vimuktananda
Published by Advaita Ashram, Kolkatta